Monday, October 18, 2010

PC problems and a fish

I have not been online very much recently because I have had some computer issues. I have virus protection but something managed to get in and it would not let me access the internet AT ALL. After many frustrations of messin' with it, I decided to let it be then today somehow I got thru! I don't know how long this will last or if I fixed the problem.

This past weekend I did alot of cleaning at getting rid of clothes I no longer wear. I also tackled my dresser drawers of which I dreaded but now I'm so glad that it is done and over with. I am a pack rat by nature and hate parting with certain items but after the clutter that I have been looking at I managed to get rid of stuff that really was not important. For a long time, I have wanted to thin out my belongings. I have gotten to the point that too much stuff is a pain in the butt. I'm not done but I did put a dent in it.

Today marked a day in history for my fishing career. I decided to take one of my fishing rods and a small box of lures with me to work to use during my lunch time. I am not at all a freshwater fisherman. I have fished saltwater all my life and am very comfortable with it but I needed a fishing fix so at lunch time I went to the lil creek at one of the parks that we take care of and threw out a small 2" black with silver glitter minnow and on my third cast FISH ON! The fish put up a lil fight and I was enjoying every minute of it. I was happy to see it when it came up and showed itself. When I got it up to the bank, it was a pretty lil fish. After I identified it, it was a spotted large mouthed bass! It was about 13" and weighed about a pound +/-. After I lipped it to take the hook out, I looked at it for a minute then let it back in the water for another day. Too bad I didn't have my camera with me and I never thought to use the phone camera. I have to say that that put a lil confidence in me as far as FRESHWATER fishing goes. So, guess what I'll be doing tomorrow at lunch time?!

Not much else going on here. If you are reading this, please let me know if you have an awesome cure for acid reflux. I've had it something terrible.

Thank you fer stoppin' by this lil place-o-mine. Until next time, see you on the back roads.

5 comments:

stella said...

jenny so glad ya back, was worried bout yas and we have been so busy with robs move and all. I had my windows crash too from a virus, i am not so sure that we didnt get it from BHM. cause ever time i tried to log in there my puter would lose its mind. got linux now and all is good.
Hug, talk to ya soon.

Frugal Canadian Hermit said...

Hey Jen, congrats on catching a fresh water fish. Those are the only kind I know of. I hav'nt been fishing for so long, I don't even know where my rod is, but one of these days I really hope to change things a bit.

Jen said...

Stelly,
I know you been busy. And these puter problems are very frustratin'. I am not sure where I got the pc bug but it slowed it down alot then it just wouldn't let me thru.

Hermit,
Fishin' is great therapy. It sure was fun out there today. I'd take you fishin' if ya were any closer. Take care.

Gianetta said...

Was wondering where you got to. I haven't fished anything but freshwater; those crappies and blue gill can put up a good fight.

Jen said...

Hi G,
Good to see you. I would love to catch some crappie. Have only fished the lil creek...though we have a big pond at another park and not sure what kinda fish it holds but there's fish there fer sure. Some guys I've talked to that were fishing there drive about 2hrs or so just to catch catfish there. If we lived any closer we could go fishin'.