Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Roll call.

I can't believe I have been away from my blog for some time. Nothing out of the ordinary has happened. Sometimes I'm just so tired after work and go to sleep early or I just don't make the time to go online much and if I do its kinda brief.

Work has been keeping me busy and in these times I am just grateful to have a job. I've put in some overtime here and there and it really helps out some.

Since I work outside at our parks, the recent rains have brought about some beautiful green grass and trees to be enjoyed before the grass turns that crunchy brown color and goes dormant.

I almost got stung by honey bees the other day...they seem to be plentiful this year and these are the kind that will follow you for a long way..lol. Speaking of bees, I have a big hive that has taken residence inside an old bbq pit. Its those red wasps that give a nasty sting. Next time I go out to that lil place-o-mine I am going to dowse them with starting fluid and set them on fire as there are too many of them.

Last Sunday when I went out to my lil country place, I really kicked butt and got alot done. I trimmed some trees, mowed the area around the lil house and did alot of weed whacking. I am tired of seeing the undergrowth underneath the mesquite tree in front of the lil house so I started cleaning it up and was on a roll when suddenly more bees...and lots of em...flew out. Good grief...!!! But I was on a roll and had one more big limb to cut and I did and didn't get stung. After that I had to stop though because now they were everywhere. This called for a much needed break. After a drink of water, I gathered my thoughts and went back out to assess the grounds. The ruts are nasty from a coupla weekends ago when I got stuck in the mud and my friends Kubota pulled me out. I may try to break up the ruts a lil bit sometime when I am out there. There is still so much to do with limited resources, equipment etc., but I feel blessed with what God has given me so I always do what I can do with what I have...provided I am not having one of those extremely fatigued days.

Weather wise, I could not ask for better days. We have dipped into the lower 50's for the past several nights with highs in the lower 80's which is a real treat for us native South Texans. The mornings have been brisk and the days have been sunny and very pleasant and I think this kind of weather puts people in pleasant moods as well. I am excited with this weather we are having and I tend to get motivated to work on my lil place again.

Well thats about it for my neck of the brush. I hope everyone is making preparations for ol' man winter and putting away some provisions for the upcoming winter months.

Thanks fer stoppin' by. Until next time, see you on the back roads.

2 comments:

Gianetta said...

Glad you're back. I was wondering where ya been.

Jen said...

Thanks G. I got lotsa catching up to do reading my favorite blogs. Good to see you. Take care. ~Jen