Saturday, March 19, 2011

My 4th rescue puppy.

I found an itty bitty puppy on Tuesday while at work. I think it is a rat terrier/chi mix. I went to our mechanics shop to pic something up that he had been working on. When I stepped outside the truck, I saw this lil bitty puppy running in a ditch and absolutely no one around. This is at a busy four way street. A coupla cars passed by and I was soooo afraid this puppy would dash out and get runned over. Then it saw us and ran right over to me. It was sooo cute the way it was running kinda hobbling. So I picked it up and stood there to see if anyone was looking for her. I stood around there for about 30 minutes and nothing. She was not wearing any identification and was pretty dirty. She weighed about 3-4 pounds and no older than six maybe 8 weeks and her top teeth barely poked out. I hesitated to call animal control because I kind of know the consequences then she is liable to be exposed to other diseases. I ran an ad for her on craigslist to see if anyone was looking for a doggie in that description but got no responses. Honestly, I think she was left out to fend for herself as other stray dogs roam the area. She was very dirty. I would like to have kept her but I know I can't at the moment so my intentions were to get her cleaned up, fed, vaccinated and to find her a home. In this short time with her she learned what the word "NO" meant..lol..she learned "c'mon" and I taught her how to use puppy pads. A lady about my Mom's age expressed interest, fell in love with her and thought she was such a sweet lil puppy which she is.

I called her Rosie because she is pretty like a lil rose. She loved to be held like a baby.

Look at her lil bitty face. How could anyone neglect her?!

She was such a playful and happy baby. She attached herself to me and followed me around everywhere. I am going to miss her. It was hard to say goodbye but I knew she was going to a home that was going to love her. When she put her in the car on the passengers seat on her lil bed she stood up on her lil hind legs to look fer me out the window. I teared up and drove away.

I got a message from the lady last night stating that the puppy was such a joy to have and that the puppy is doing well, happily playing with her toys and was using her puppy pads! I know she went to a good home. Another puppy off the street. Mission accomplished. My job is done.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice place

Anonymous said...

What a good way to start my day..thanks.

Anonymous said...

Good for you! She is a sweet puppy. I rescue like you do. Bring 'em home, get 'em "humanized" a bit and find them a safe, loving place to go to.

tffnguy said...

Cute pup and glad you took her in and found here a good home.

Stella said...

ah what a cute lil thing! so nice of you jenny to take her home and find her a nice place to live. shelters most times are so cruel.

Unknown said...

Wow you were in the right place at the right time, glad she went to a good home, she is adorable.

Gianetta said...

Good job, Jen.

Anonymous said...

Hey jen

I got four dogs, two of which are adoptees. One from Pee Wee's pet adoption (Moppsy) and the other from a run down trailer park (Mr. Toto) I have picked up several dogs from and got them good homes.
Dogs rock!

Im glad you saved that little dog and got it a good home.

Jen said...

Thanks everyone!! I'm a sucker fer homeless doggies especially if they are very young as they cannot defend themselves. I'm just glad I was able to help Little Rosie. God bless her always.

tbsomeday said...

awww
SO SWEET OF YOU!

Jen said...

Thx tbsomeday. Im just glad to have taken such a lil baby puppy off the streets and into a good home.

Margaret Hall said...

Ahhhh, ya' gotta' heart of gold, Jen..Rosie is cute as a button!! Thanks for takin' the time to pick her up, clean her up, and give her to a great lovin' home...Oh, I "hear" ya' about the tears in leavin' her...
GOOD mission accomplished...
Come visit sometime...

Margaret Hall said...

?????...Hope that I have not upset you somehow, Jen...I commented, but no reply...Have a GREAT weekend..

Jen said...

Hi Margaret....Nooooo you did not upset me in any way. Please dont think that I just haven't been online much is all. Sometimes I just dont have much to write about since I'm not at the homestead too much these days. I haven't got any word from little Rosie's owner. I sure hope that baby is ok. I got to thinkin' about the puppy again and I miss lovin' on her. She was such a good baby. I'm sure there will be other doggie's that will need some help. God bless the all the stray animals.

Gorges Smythe said...

Rosie is a cutie!

Jen said...

Thanks Gorges Smythe and welcome to my blog. I haven't got word on her since that evening I rehomed her. I hope she is doing well. God bless her. Thank you fer stoppin' by.