Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Down with the crud !

Damn I've never felt so worthless as I feel now. I went to the doctor yesterday because I was feeling very ill. I had the body aches, fever, coughing, sneezing etc. I really thought I had the flu or pneumonia. I didn't have the flu which surprised me because I was in rough shape. They have an in house test now to check you for that. He said I had a severe sinus infection with bronchitis to boot. He said I was contagious and I should not go back to work until Thursday IF I was feeling any better. The fever stayed in the 101.3 range yesterday evening and early part of today. It has finally got down to the 99 range. I'm still not feeling to clear about things so I dunno if I'm going into work tomorrow.

I am a bit disturbed by these illnesses that I keep getting. On Nov. 26, 2010 I was given an antibiotic treatment for similar symptoms. Then on Jan. 26, 2011 I was given another round of antibiotics for similar symptoms and now yesterday again. I am wondering what is suppressing my immune system? As I was telling a friend of mine, I've never been so sick so often in my life! I know that I am sensitive to certain smells like certain fragrances, certain laundry detergents, I dont like loud perfumes, gas, aerosols especially, potpurri's etc. At my current job, I deal with alot of chemicals like aerosols and I know that sometimes they really irritate my nose but there's no way around it. There's no such thing as light duty at my job if something affects you. It sucks!

Any suggestions as to what I can take on a daily basis to make my immune system a lil stronger? I am sick of being sick!

Thanks fer stoppin by. Until next time, see you on the back roads.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen

Sorry your felling bad, I dont know if its the stuff at work. First I would try eating a better diet and more sleep. If your doing that then stay away from sick people and wash your hands a lot (with soap and water) I dont trust hand sanitizers. This has been a really hard winter in South Texas and that could be rotten luck and bad weather. I also hate overpowering perfumes etc. When I can smell a person 30 feet away, somethings wrong. The only overpowering smells I like are burning gunpowder, barbecue and beer. hang in there jen.

Jen said...

Morning Captain.
I am already a frequent handwasher. I eat and sleep ok and I've never really liked hand sanitizers. One of my coworkers constantly uses hand sanitizers in place of washing with soap and water. I could NEVER do that! I agree that the weather has been hard on us just not sure thats what causes this. Maybe it is rotten luck. Thanks fer stoppin by Captain and thanks fer the get well wishes.

Anonymous said...

I take a multi-vitamin along with Vitamins A&D and I never get sick!
If I do feel the very start of a scratchy throat I take some Nyquil and sleep for 12 hours and wake up good to go. Feel better..

tbsomeday said...

ugh
i hope you are feeling better
there's been a recent serious rash of sickness up where i am in the midwest
i work at a hospital
my friends around the country are also having a lot of ucky stuff :(

i think the best thing you can do is eat lost of fruits/vegetables and whole grains--stay away from processed stuff as much as you can
water
at least 8hrs a night of sleep
and some good fresh air exercise

Jen said...

Ms Frann,
Lucky you! I may have to add the Vit.A&D to my already multi-vitamin. This sick stuff is gettin' real old real fast. Thanks fer the well wishes and stay healthy.

tbsomeday,
Speaking of hospital and/or working in a medical setting, I use to work in the medical field fer 13yrs and even then I didn't get sick like I do now. I stepped outside fer a lil bit a while ago to get some fresh air..sure felt great. Thanks fer the suggestions and stay healthy.

Frugal Canadian Hermit said...

Hey Jen. That sucks to be sick. I've noticed that you've been sick a fair bit lately. As you probably already know, I am not a doctor. lol. But I do have something that kinda makes me wonder. I have heard of alot of people who are prone to be sick from mold and mildew in a house. I have heard of alot of crappy weather this year in alot of different places, and with that probably the furnace is running alot more often circulating little bits of different kinds of living creatures through out your home. I have learned from building my home that houses that are not sealed really well can have mold buildup in cracks and crevices etc. It's just a thought, and maybe something you might want to experiment with or at least check out. If your furnaces combustion air comes from inside the house, chances are, it is also pulling air through the cracks etc in the walls to fuel the fire. This might all sound crazy to ya, but I have heard of people who have gotten sick quite often because of this sort of thing. I have no idea what kind of dwelling situation you are in, but thats just my suggestion, and I seriously think it could have something to do with it. You just never know. Really hope to see ya conquere this thing soon.

Jen said...

Hermit..its good to see you and I hope you've been well.
Right now I live in an apartment dwelling that I have always had my doubts about mold since they are an older structure. We have central heat and air. In the past during times of sneezing and having the sniffles, I mentioned this to my Mother as she seems to have runny nose on and off. I seriously do think that there is something in the walls here. To get management to do anything about it would be like pulling teeth. I just want outta here but fer other reasons this arrangement has to be like this fer a lil while. You made a great suggestion Hermit because those same thoughts have crossed my mind. Im tired of feeling like this. I want to feel normal again. Sure glad you stopped in. It is good to see you and I hope things are going well on yer side of the country.

Margaret Hall said...

Hey, kiddo~!! Hope that today, Friday, that you are on the mend~!! Don't like the crud, and I "hear" ya'~! When you mentioned not liking the hand sanitizer, I have to agree...Used to use it when it first came out, but only use it as a quick squirt after the ol' trip to the grocery and those louse shopping cart handles..lol
Also, it is my belief that taking some antibiotics puts us at somewhat risk to falling back into illness. Sometimes I have even felt ill from them~! But, all in all, I try to eat healthily, veggies, little meat, lots and lots of red/green salsa, because it helps cleanse your "inerds"..lol
But, seriously, hope that you are BETTER...Yes, mold is a demon...have your environment checked out..K???..
See you as your drive on those back roads...

Anonymous said...

Vitamin C !

Jen said...

Hello Ms. Margaret,
So kind of you to stop by. I am feeling soooo much better. I almost don't sound congested anymore :) .

You mention the handles of the shopping cart...those are so gross. My hands don't feel clean at all the entire time I am pushing that cart. When I get hope the first thing I do is wash my hands!
I know they say taking antibiotics is not good for us but this last time around it was a lifesaver. Doc said if I woulda waited one more day I woulda probly got pneumonia and ended up in the hospital!
Thank you fer stoppin by to check up on me. Stay healthy!

Hi Nick,
..and welcome to my blog. I try to put natural vitamin C in my body in addition to the multivitamin but maybe its not enough. I would like to find a good supplemental vitamin C. If you know of one let me know. Thanks fer stoppin by and be well.

Anonymous said...

rosehips look for rosehip vitamin c.

Jen said...

Hey Nick..thanks! I will certainly look for it.