Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Saltwater Therapy






After making some very discouraging job contacts today, I decided to go for a little drive to take the load off my mind. Threw the fishin' rod in the truck(just in case), put my visor on and I was out the door. I didn't know where I was going I just knew I needed to get outta town for a lil bit. With camera in hand I headed towards the beach. I felt I needed some Saltwater Therapy. I ended up in Port Aransas, Texas which is about a 25 minute drive if that. The ferry lines were a bit backed up but I didnt care as I was in no hurry. Finally boarded, crossed the Lydia Ann Channel and back on land. It was a really nice day to be out. It was a lil windy but what else is new. My first stop was the Port Aransas Jetties(first pic). I love going there. It is kinda like the gateway to the Gulf of Mexico because once you get out of that channel its like a big giant door opening into the Gulf. You will see big barges come through, lots of charter boats, private boats, yachts etc. Every now n' then you will see some people parasailing which I think is sooooooo cool and want to try that sometime. I had to kick the truck in 4 wheel drive a coupla times. The sand was very soft in some parts. At one time when I got out the truck I sunk to my ankles in sand. I must've drove about 5 miles maybe 7 down the beach. There were alot of people out which kinda surprised me but then I remembered that it was summer vacation for the kids. Lots of families out which is nice to see. I finally got tired of driving and the water was very tempting so I found a nice little spot away from others and just hunkered down. There I sat in the sand in the shade of my tailgate playing wif the sand doing my "exfoliation" therapy. The pics I took were at random. I hope you enjoy them. Most of the pics on the actual beach is looking out to the wide open Gulf. The last pic is of the water at eye level. I thought it was kinda cool. Thats it fer me. Got home, took a shower. Am too tired to eat. Until next time, see you on the back roads or on the water...which ever comes first.

No comments: