Lantanas in bloom...so pretty.
Cabin view from 2nd acre.
Went out to my country place again today but didnt work hard like I did yesterday. I got there and started cleanin' n stuff and just felt so tired from the day before. I sat outside in the shade by the lil cabin n' dozed off for a lil bit. By then it wasn't so hot either. When I woke up I felt really lazy but I got up and piddled around dowsing for water. It is an interesting thing to do and I felt that I was able to do it. I had tried it here at home in the city after researching it and when I got close to the kitchen sink the rods crossed. Then I put some water in a jug behind some pillows and the rods crossed again. I think I may have found some streams or water veins at my country place. It would be interesting to know for sure.
I took a walk along the frontage of my property to mark my property bounds. The sun keeps fading them out. There was a lil bit of trash along the partial fence line so I picked it up and had camera on hand. I took pics of the lil cabin from the far corner of my 2nd acre. Some I zoomed in on. But as you can see the grass is still brown due to lack of rain. The mesquite trees stay green year long regardless of rainfall or no rainfall. They are extremely hardy but they are deciduous. I was surprised to find out some time ago that mesquite tree roots can go far down as much as 200 feet depending on age of the tree. I like taking walks along my property lines especially in the evenings.
After some time, the sun started to set and so I started gettin' ready to go back home to the city. I put things back in their place, locked my door, washed up and hit the road. I hate leaving but it is not ready to stay in yet.
I hope that ya'll had a good weekend and found some beauty in your nature treks. Until next time, see you on the backroads.
2 comments:
Kinda sounds like my day on my acerage. Lazy, and sleepy. I woke up there in my rv, and slept in till about 9 am, then got up and had a nap outside in the shade. I don't know why I was so tired, but it was nice to just relax for a change. Before doing a little bit of work.
Hermit,
Isnt it nice waking up at your country place? It sure makes for a relaxing day and it's ok to be lazy like that. Enjoy it every minute you can whether you do something or not. I was just tired from the two days prior. But I really do think its the heat more than the work itself that wears me out.
Post a Comment