Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sunday evenin' wade.

Didn't do much this weekend. I didn't even make it out to my country place at all. This morning I was up real early and went for a lil morning drive to my fishin' hole. It was such a beautiful morning. I was tempted to fish but the tide was pushed way out and those are not favorable conditions for me. I walked the shoreline for a lil bit and watched some fishermen from a distance. It sure was a fine morning to be out there. And dammit I forgot my camera!

I went to the grocery store for some quick items at about 6:35am. I hate going any later than 8am. It gets awfully packed on a Sunday and me and crowds dont exactly get along. I got home, made breakfast and went about my day which is nuffin' to write home about.

Fast forward....This evening i almost fell asleep about 7:30pm but I caught myself and thankfully i didnt fall asleep. I decided to go fishin fer a lil bit to use up what daylight was left so.. I went for an evening wade. It was a lil windy but tolerable. There was another fisherman there but I walked way past him along the shoreline before I made my ascend into the margarita green water. The seawater smell, the wind in my face, the sand...I was happy. I was in that place. I was in my moment when everything seemed "perfect". I couldn't think of anything else and nothing else but me and the water mattered. I am a waterbaby by nature as I have been around the water my entire life. As I walked into the ripples they became small waves. I started fishin...tossin' my lure and tried to cover all 360 degrees around me. I was one with the water. I was enjoying myself just tossin the lure and walkin tryin to cover ground. I got so absorbed in myself that at one time when i had my back towards the west...I slowly turned around to be greeted by one of the most amazing sunsets. Oh it was pretty. I stared at it for a while till I could see it no more. Some time went by and i caught a lil Whiting. It fought n' wiggled like a big ol' fish. After removing the jighead from its mouth I tossed it back into the water. They are edible,kinda have a sweet taste but i usually pass on those. They are great shark candy tho. They love em.

I kept gettin' hits on my lure but nothing would quite take it. I didn't care. I was just happy to be there and have the privilege of fishin. After 'bout an hour, I started losing daylight and decided it would be a good idea to head in. I dont care to be out there alone when its dark. In my younger days, I didnt care. I use to walk the entire shoreline alone in the dark which is like a 2.5-3 mile one-way stretch just fishin' or flounder giggin'. Those were some good times but even more fun when a friend or two came along.

Can you hear it?...that wind blowin' and whispering in your ear as the water around you feels like a giant blanket? Can you?

Ok I've rambled enough. I hope everyone did something this weekend that they truly enjoy doing and hopefully someday pass it on to a child or loved one so that they may able to find as much joy and love for it as you did. I plan to pass this on to my lil nephews. Until next time, see ya on the backroads.

4 comments:

Frugal Canadian Hermit said...

Sounds like you had a real nice relaxing day Jen. Thats how it should always be.

Jen said...

Thanks Hermit. It sure was a nice way to end the day.

Gianetta said...

Sounds like a little piece of heaven to me.

Jen said...

Thx MA Woman and welcome to my blog. I wish everyone could come along on my lil' getaways. It is close to heaven.