We're always comin' across stuff at work...be it left over building material, gutters like the almost brand new one's someone threw behind the dumpster at the Rv park we take care of, bottled water from events, even soda's...well today musta been my lucky day because I found 2 things.
Now if ya know me ya know I like bbq-ing wif mesquite..I love the stuff and we ALWAYS come across that at work, cut it up and take home to dry. But today we found some pecan wood. Someone left it at the park and we have to clean up the areas so it came home with us. It is not exactly easy getting pecan wood to cook with this far down South. To me, pecan wood is a treat. When smoking, its aroma is wonderful and the food turns out delicious! It is alot milder than mesquite, its smokey yes but it ranks 2nd. The taste and smell of mesquite cookin' is the bomb! It is robust, smokey and hardy. It truly makes a statement. Anyway, Im happy with my pecan wood find.
Second, I was in the work truck on my way in fer the day. The drive from one of the parks we maintain is about a mile or so from town. Well I come to a stop and make a right. As I am picking up speed, a bag on the side of the road caught my attention and if I knew better I knew it looked like a bag of Miracle Grow potting soil. There were absolutely no cars coming so I pulled over, backed up and sure enough..bingo. The bag had been opened and slightly used like maybe a quarter of the bag or less but it had a tie to keep it from spilling. I believe it was like a 4 or 5 pound bag. When i got to my truck and looked in it, it looked good. Ive got potting soil at my country place but not here in the city. No doubt it will come in handy.
Well, that's it fer me today. Keeps yer eyes peeled on the road, ya just might find some good stuff.
Until next time, see you on the backroads.
2 comments:
I love finding roadside treasure! I've found a torpedo heater, tool bags, a shovel,buckets, and lots of other things. One time I saw a bright yellow glint and stopped. There was a drywall screw gun, bag of drywall tools, and a shiny pair of stilts. SCORE! Last summer I found an aluminum extension ladder and a chainsaw that someone apparantly ran over...strange...the serial number traced it back to Texas. *duckin from whatever you threw at me*
*thumpin Dawgus wif a week old mullet.
Seriously, dang you have found some good stuff!! Oh, and my chainsaw works jus fine thankee.
Post a Comment