I can hardly believe that tomorrow is already Friday! But it is my rotation weekend to work so I doubt I will make it out to my country place which I really wish I could. I had such an interesting time staying the night on Saturday at that lil place-o-mine. I particularly like messin' wif 12v solar applications on a small and cheap scale of course and did just that that night. Working on my yard is something I love to do as well. I tidy'd it up wif the weedeater last weekend and really gave it a clean and fresh look...like a good start. I would have liked to continued on my yard again this weekend but work calls...sigh. It is like a vicious cycle.
Work has been going ok. I guess maybe Im gettin' old cause now that the wildflowers are in bloom I have picked up an interest in them and want to be able to identify them. So, I went to the library on Wednesday and checked out three books on Texas wildflowers and so far have identified the wildflowers that I have been seeing on a daily basis. They are: Showy Primrose, Dakota Vervane, Wine Cup, Fleabane, Lazy Daisy, Texas Vervane, Sow Thistle, Aster, Rain Lily, and Dandelion. I know there are other flowers I have not identified as of yet but I see a different one everyday. It is fun and educational at the same.
I saw an itty bitty checkered garter-snake today while checkin' the pool area that we are in charge of at work. It was a lil bitty ol' thang and no sense in killin' it. The temp got in the upper 80's today so I guess if the days keep up warm like this we will be seein' more snakes.
Well, not much more goin' on here in these parts. But I do thankee fer stoppin' by to visit. Until next time, see you on the backroads.
No comments:
Post a Comment