Have you ever been so sleepy but ya cant go to sleep? Im having one of those nights. Here we are at 3:12am and I should be asleep. I had a nice hot bowl of farina..maybe that'll help. I thought maybe I should try countin' sheep but they probably in a pasture somewhere because I couldn't find 'em.
Im also sittin' here thinkin what critters could be in a five or six inch hole(burrow)at my place. Theres more than one cause I heard em. It is a deep hole but I cant say ive put my nose to it to see how deep it is. I hate the thought of it bein a skunk for fear of the scent spray. I will be fogging the hole out and cover it with a heavy piece of concrete as a friend suggested. If you have any ideas please feel free to let me know. My original plan was to blow it up with gas but my cabin is about 60ft at the most from it so I best not take chances...although I really would love to blow it up lol. I aint no nature vermin critter lover that wants burrowing creatures residing only to be multiplying over and over. This thing is NOT welcome at eL Chiquito so its got to go.
Ok, Im having a sleepy moment right now so maybe I should try goin' to sleep. Thanks fer stoppin' by this little place o' mine. Until next time see you on the backroads.
4 comments:
A couple road flares will do the trick--jus' light 'em, drop 'em down the hole an' cover it...if there's other burrows you'll find 'em due to the smoke comin' from 'em. I've used this method sucessfully on gophers. BTW, a glass of molasses milk might help ya get some sleep ;). Gregabob
I had the same problem last night Jen. It was a little after 2 am when I looked at the clock, but I guess I must have nodded off shortly after that. I think I had "winter coming" on my mind. lol. I'm not real sure what one would want to do with those burrowing critters, but I hope you get them one way or another. Sweet dreams.
Hi Jen, so ya the proud owner of a hole, and as a bonus its got something in it, lol Complain to the tax assessor that ya place is smaller than when ya bought cause of the missing dirt from the hole. On a serious note, didja blow it up yet?
stella
Hiya Greg,
I do have two flares handy in my car kit that stays in the truck. I wonder if they're still any good. I didnt think bout puttin' molasses in my 'COW' milk but I'll have to try that. Anything molasses has got to be good. :)
Hermit,
I sure hope you get as much done on your place before you winters come. You're making excellent progress so I can see why you couldnt sleep. I can only imagine what your winters are like as compared to ours. Our temps rarely get under 20 degrees F. But even if we get in the 20's we think thats very very cold over here.lol. No snow here. We did have one freak snowfall and that was on Dec.24, 2004. I think the last time they said that snow fell in South Texas was about 50yrs prior to that. It was great and so pretty. My Grammas backyard looked like we were in a whole different place. We had a good time playing in the snow. About two or three days later it almost completely melted away. Oh yeah, I'll get those critters one way or the other. Peaceful dreams to ya.
Stelly,
Yes'm I do believe Im the proud owner of a hole..lol. I havent blown it up although I really do want to but am having second thoughts since the cabin isnt too far from it. What if the tunnel goes in that direction? Then Im screwed. I'll get it though. Im gonna try the fogger or the flare, whichever comes first. I probly wont be out there till the weekend since I got obligations on Thursday and Friday. I'll keep ya posted.
**Thank yall fer stoppin' by.
Post a Comment