If you compare the green grass to months ago, there is a major difference. The rains came and nourished the grass. Its far from crunchy brown. Ive also got to clear some undergrowth from the trees (ugh) as there are several cactus under a coupla of them. Im not lookin forward to that but best it be done in the cooler months. I also found the shedding of a snake outside at the corner of the lil cabin. It wasnt too long maybe bout 17" but its enough to keep me alert.
As I was leaving, I decided to take the longer way outta my place. I always like to see what other folks have goin on, their livestock, pastures etc. As I was driving, I saw some blue heeler dogs in action herding some horses thru some cross fencing to another pasture. It was so kool to watch these 2 dogs that I had to stop and talk to the owner who was standing by the fence line. He was very friendly and I asked him some more about his dogs. He was very informative about the breed and his dogs were very pretty. We talked for a good while and told me that next time Im passing through and I happen to see him to feel free and stop by to meet with his dogs and be around them to get a feel for them. I have always had a liking for blue heelers and I think I will take him up on that offer someday.
Well, thats it from my neck of the brush and thanks for stopping by. Until next time, see you on the back roads.
*click on image to enlarge.
No comments:
Post a Comment