Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Still at it.

Went to my country place again but didnt quiet finish ridge capping the roof. I decided to add to the course for a tighter fit and by the time I got to the capping I was losing daylight. I sat on my roof for a while as a very welcoming cool breeze rolled in. It felt like it was blowing outta the northwest which tells me that cooler temps are right around the corner. It was nice to be out there and enjoy the country sounds again. We have received alot of rain as well. The once crunchy brown grass is now green. I will not even attempt to mow it until the ground thoroughly dries up else my lil garden tractor will get stuck in a soft spot. Some areas in the ground are still nice n soft.
The job search continues. Until next time, see you on the back roads.

4 comments:

Frugal Canadian Hermit said...

About the time you get the roof all completed it will probably quit raining again. lol. Sounds like she's almost ready to live in. Good luck with the job search Jen, keep on hunting.

Anonymous said...

Gettin a big job done like the roof gives ya a real sense of accomplishment. Makes the place seem 'snug' too. Hopin an prayin ya find some kinda work soon.......Gregabob

Gianetta said...

Have you tried mystery shopping or merchandising as parttime jobs?

Jen said...

Hermit,
Thanks for stopping by. Little by little its coming together. Thanks for the good wishes.

Greg,
You're right, I was just thinkin the other day that I felt accomplished with the roof job almost complete. Makes it "real". Thanks for the prayers.

MA Fat Woman,
No i have not tried either of the two. I am somewhat skeptical about those kinds of jobs. Im lookin though. Thanks.