Click on the pics to enlarge.
It is coarse here and clumpy because it is still moist.
Several hours later it felt dry so I ran it thru the grinder again then used the strainer to remove the tusks. I need a finer screen but here you get an idea. It is more of a flour meal. Very sweet and has a smokey nutty smell.
My $2.00 coffee grinder I found at Goodwill today. I love finding good but cheap stuff at thrift stores. I bagged the lil bit of mesquite flour I messed with.
That's it for now. Gotta check on the cake Im baking. Until next time, see you in the backroads.
2 comments:
Thats interesting Jen. I would like to see what you can do with that stuff.
Hermit,
Its the first time I grind the mesquite pods up. You can use it like a flour for baking but with something like a 2:1 ratio. It is sweet and nutty. I was just experimenting with some leftover pods. All the pods have fallen from the trees. Then when the new ones come in they will be harvested about March or April. Thanks fer stoppin by.
Post a Comment