On a different note, I had been craving my late Grammas awesome chicken and gravy for sometime. That was my most favorite dish that she made. I watched her make it a million times since I was a kid but trying to duplicate your Gramma's awesome cooking is some feat. I did my best but something was missing and I dont know what. I get frazzled when I make gravy but I sure love a lil thickness in muh gravy. Anyway, the turnout was good but I will have to keep trying and trying. I realize that to perfect it to taste like hers may take years and years but I could still taste some of her cooking in it and I was happy with that. Didnt have any pinto beans made(which Im making now)so I cheated with pork and beans from a can, a few tortillas and a beverage and you're good to go. I enclosed a pic to give those friends I had mentioned this to an idea of what it looks like. Oh yeah, I used chicken thighs cause its what I had. You can click on the pic to enlarge it.
Well, thats it for now and thanks fer stopping by this lil place o' mine. Until next time, see you in the backroads.
No comments:
Post a Comment