Im sorry that I havent been minding to my blog as I should. I guess I havent had much to write about. We had been having some absolutely beautiful sunny days about in the upper 60's then it all got ruined by two days of rain. Maybe I shouldn't complain because it was a good time to catch rainwater. I will be one to be catching rainwater with rain as my main water source someday. Yesterday and today felt like summer. I had to rethink about what season we were in. It was in the upper 70's today. It felt weird wearing jeans in that weather instead of shorts and flip flops.
It seems that this entire week has dragged even though we were off of work on Monday, a federal holiday. It was a three day weekend for us municipal employees but it was also my rotation weekend to work so that kind of "ruined" my three day weekend. This also meant I couldn't go to my country place. It would have been a huge waste of gas and way too much driving. All I could think about all week was being at that lil place-o-mine. No, my mind was not at work in case your wondering.
The duck at the park continues to reside at the creek. The lil partner it had must've got killed or somebody caught it. I dont know a thing about ducks but this is a light tan duck with a yellowy beak and orange legs and feet. It had to be a domestic duck because its wings are clipped. It sure is a survivor. Me and my coworker have been feeding it once a day..twice a day if we have time. It already recognizes us. If he is way down the creek he will start paddlin' faster and faster to us. He is skittish though so he wont git too close ever since we tried catchin' it. We tried catchin' it one day (well my supervisor tried) to place it in a nice big pond that we have at another park. Not too many people frequent that part of the park which would be great so that people wont bother it. The park where it currently resides is visited by way too many people. We feed it stuff like crackers, Crispix cereal, bread...whatever we have extra of at home. I feel bad for it now that it is alone.
Well I guess I better git going. I need to put some things together for tomorrow. Im going to work on what nots at my lil place. For now I need to take something for this cold. Thanks for stopping by. Until next time, see you on the backroads.
6 comments:
I kinda know how you feel about not being on here much. I sometimes feel guilty for some reason, but I guess we should'nt. Sometimes we just have other things to do I guess Jen.
Those pay jobs seem to get in a persons way of doing things don't they? Pretty important stuff though, I guess. Take care of duck and that cold Jen.
Good to see you Hermit. Yes, I feel guilty sometimes too for not coming here as often as I should.
I wish so bad that I had a job working from home. Jobs are so scarce right now that Im lucky I even have one.
I hope things are going well for you Hermit. Thank you for stoppin' by.
The duck sounds like a mallard Jen--a girl by the way you describe it. Good to see ya postin' again! Hope everythin' goin' ok at the lil ranch. Gregabob
Howdy Greg,
The duck was a pretty duck when it first got there. However, with all this changing weather it is lookin' kinda "scruffy". Mostly just dirty plummage. Its lookin a lil skinnier than when it first got there too.
That lil place-o-mine is getting there at a turtle's pace. So much to do yet. But thats ok...it will make me appreciate it even more. Thanks fer stoppin by fer a glass of tea.
Hi, Jen...
I helped myself to the coffee pot and a biscuit.
Glad you are coming out of the other side of a cold! And, I bet you sure coulda' used that extra day off, huh?...
Sounds like you have adopted that duck...Good luck with him and good luck on workin'on that lil place!
Margaret,
I'm sure glad you stopped by fer a lil breakfast. You help yerself to coffee and whatnots in my kitchen anytime.
This cold has been nothin' but a nuisance. It's trying to settle in my chest.
We fed the duck again today. It was on the other side of the hill and when it saw us it came runnin' a wobbly cute run towards us. We fed it and left.
That lil place-o-mine is comin' along slowly. Be sure to stop by some evenin' fer some good ol' mesquite grilled bbq.
Thanks fer stoppin by Margaret.
Post a Comment