Sunday, January 24, 2010

Windy Sunday

I woke up feeling a lil bit better this morning from this nasty cold that snuck up on me coupla days ago. At 8am I made a run for my lil cabin. I had to anyway to unload some material. Yesterday at 7am my cousin called me to come and pick up some used plywood from his lil front porch that he took apart so I had to transport what he gave me. He had four 4x4's that were practically new that held up a lil carport on the side of their lil house. He tore that down and gave me the treated 4x4's, some 2x4's, 1x4's, a 2x6 and some 2x6 pieces good for flower boxes or shelves. He knows I will put them to good use and anything helps. So when I got to my cabin and settled down, I began to rip the nails out of some of the boards. I didnt get done with them all though.

Boy, somebody made the winds mad today. They were fierce! The weather people said that they were gusting to only 38mph but I beg to differ. Since it was a Pacific front the winds were blowing from the WNW, which we dont really see too much wind from the West. It was so awful to be outside today that it began to annoy me. I went inside the cabin and began caulking some cracks. In a way, the strong winds did help me find where the cracks were thus drafts.

I did things kinda slow today because my body ached. I wasnt way up to par but I did manage to be somewhat productive. I ran out of caulk so after that I messed wif the compost pile. I brought some greens and more dry leaves to throw in to the pile and tossed it a coupla times. My "material area" needed some reinforcements so I went and did that as well.

After the wind annoyed me some more I went inside and took the lil 10" wheel off my utility wagon. Im not sure if I need to replace the tire or just air it up. If memory serves me correct, that particular tire was always getting flat on me. Im just gonna let the man at work mess wif the tire. He's pretty handy.

I sat in my 2nd hand chair in my cabin for a good while after that. I love that chair. It feels like it was made just for me. I had the front door open and where I was sitting I had a straight view to the driveway and road. I like to sit and ponder there. It is where I get ideas and visions of what it would feel like if I was already living there. In my mind I have rearranged the bed and lil dining table many times. In my mind I have already added an addition to my cabin and my clothes is hanging out on the clothesline dancing to the songs of the wind. My garden is doing well and am getting my raised beds ready to plant potato's. The chickens are doing well and producing at least 4 eggs a day. I dont work a shitty job anymore. I dont hurt as bad and life is good.

Then suddenly I snapped out of my trance. But I will continue to hope and to hold on to my dreams because every dream starts with but a thought. How you get there depends on how bad you want it. Hope is a good thing. It helps keep me sane.

Oh, here are a coupla pics from todays winds. No, it is not FOG! **note the date is wrong. I changed batteries and didnt program it.
You cant see anything past that tractor....
....nor past the roadside.

Until next time, see you on the back roads.

4 comments:

Gianetta said...

Looking good. Jen, I'd like to send you something but I need your address. Send it to my email if its okay. G.

Jen said...

Thanks MA Woman. This project has taken me long enough but lil by lil its coming along. I really dont think it will ever be complete. I sent you an email.
Thanks fer stoppin' by. Until next time, see you on the backroads.

Anonymous said...

Ummmm....guess the system dissed my comment..
You sound like you have your dreams set for your place..Just keep thinking and manifesting your home!!...
Soon, you will be filling the flower boxes...
Good luck...

Jen said...

Hiya Margaret,
**The coffee's on and the cinammon rolls are almost ready.
Just thought I'd let you know that your comment was posted on the Jan. 24th entry.
Yes'm I've got big but simple dreams. Getting there is a lil slow but thats ok. Everything has its time and place. Thanks fer sittin' a spell with me.