It is rainy here again. We had a spell of the perfect kind of weather a coupla days ago with temperatures in the lower 60's and lots of sunshine. Tomorrow they call for 100% precipitation. I dont mind the rain and cold so long as I am home. It sucks working in those conditions outside.
Today at work we were doing some house cleaning to our shed where we keep all the equipment for the parks. Stuff starts to accumulate and clutter so to kill some time it was something good for us to do. I got some 12 gauge wire out of the trash..not alot but I think it may be enough to connect from my generator to my deep cycle battery to charge it up when the generator happens to be in use that way I kill two birds wif one stone.
When we got ready to go throw a table we demolished and some trash, we went to the dumpster at the RV park that we maintain and low and behold...there lay two brand spankin' new white gutters. There are not even any holes drilled in them. They lay perfectly behind the dumpster unscathed. *I love finding stuff* What happens is that sometimes the snowbirds or "winter Texans" as we call them, buy stuff to settle in for a coupla months or buy too much of it and give extras away or throw stuff away. Because of that, I have enough dishes to supply my cabin with. Lots of odds n ends stuff but very very usable that a resident just gave away and lets us(the parks ppl) have first bids on them. The two gutters I believe make 20ft both together. I can always put one gutter in the front of the lil house and the other in the backside. I just need the support brackets, screen and downspout. Actually, I dont even think I need the screen...or maybe. Anyway I felt lucky once again. Here's the kicker...just yesterday I put a wanted ad on craigslist for some used gutters for cheap and today I find NEW gutters for free!! I guess they were meant for me.
Today was a lonnnnnng day and I couldnt wait until the work day was over. So much drama at work. I hate it and I want nothing to do with it. I need to win the lotto and be done with public jobs.
I gotta go now. I needa eat something. I havent had dinner yet. I can hear the rain really coming down now. Thank goodness tomorry is Friday. Thanks fer stoppin' by. Until next time, see you on the backroads.
4 comments:
Glad to hear ya 'scored' some good stuff. I'm always findin sumpthin at work to bring home and make use of. You'll appreciate gutters when it's pourin down rain an the water is either directed away from the cabin or into catchment barrels. You won't need to win the lottery, just harvest those mesquite pods an sell the flour! ;)
Hiya Greg,
Aint it great findin' stuff?! I needed them to put a water catchment system in place to use at the cabin.
I wanted to do something with the mesquite pods/flour ever since I produced the first lil batch. I have unlimited access to mesquite pods at home and at work. It is time consuming though but well worth a shot. I've got nothing to lose.
Glad you stopped by fer a glass of tea. Until next time, see you on the backroads.
Jumped to your blog from MAFW's blog...Glad to read your story and see what you are making of your cabin/home!...Love your positive attitude!
Best find next to a dumpster was a gate-leg table..one crack..fixed and beautiful!
See you later....
Hello Ms. Margaret,
Welcome to my little world. I'm glad you found my blog of some interest. The cabin project sure has dragged but I guess alot of things do then you appreciate them that much more.
I love finding stuff. Im glad you found trash that turned to treasure. I cant believe what some people throw sometimes! I always keep an eye out for curbside treasures. Once I even found some garden timbers and fence posts on a curb!!
Thank you for stopping by at this here lil place-o-mine. I always enjoy good company. Until next time, see you on the back roads.
Post a Comment