Sunday, August 16, 2009

Another beautiful sunrise...

I'm still havin' problems gettin' sleep. I went to the store at about 4:15am to get the Sunday paper in search of job listings. Well, it didnt take long to do that since there are only two pages to look thru. The wind was somewhat still but not at a standstill and since I was wide awake I thought it was a fine idee to go to the local pier. So I got my stuff together which is always ready to go and off I went. It wasn't quiet 5am yet. I was greeted by a cool gentle bay breeze. A far cry from the weather we have been having so it was a treat. There were a few people there and I'm sure most were all-nighters. I tried a coupla lures until I found one that a hungry trout liked. I fought him fer a lil while then landed him. I'm sure he was a keeper but he was skinny and probably right at the minimum length. I didn't bother to measure him since I was tossin' him back anyway. A few more casts and I lost one. After that, the bite just seemed to slow down quiet a bit but I didn't care because I like being around water anyway.
The ocean has a way of carrying your worries away even if just for a little while. So there I was drawing a blank then I noticed the morning light tryin' to break through the clouds. Now I have been greeted by some magnificent sunrises at the pier. Today was no different since I think any sunrise over the water is beautiful. I started to take pics randomly. If one didn't know any better you would think that I was a tourist snapping away but I just like capturing the moment, the beauty that is around. After several snapshots, I walked the shoreline in search of angel wings but didn't find any but then again I didn't walk a long distance since I had my stuff in the back of the truck and wanted to keep it at eye view.
I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend and projects around the homestead. Take the time to enjoy the sunrises no matter how many you have seen in your life each one will always be unique. Until next time,I hope you enjoy the pics and I'll see you on the backroads or maybe on the shoreline.

The walk.

Crack of dawn.

Corpus Christi, Texas...the big city. For some of you that are military history buffs you can see the decommissioned USS Lexington aka The Blue Ghost about a quarter of the picture to the right. It was an aircraft carrier and it is huge!

This pic doesnt do justice for this awesome sunrise. I live on the bluff in the distance behind where you see the seagull flyin' on the left.

4 comments:

stella said...

Beautiful pics Jen, thanks for sharin those. There is truely something magical about a sunrise or sunset on the water. I have seen a few of both. For me it jus confirms the fact of a higher power.
stella

Jen said...

Stelly,
Glad you liked the pics. Sure wish you and my other faraway friends could've actually seen it and walked the shoreline wif me and enjoyed the sounds and cool water on yer feet. I've lived around the water all of my life but there are still things that I see there that will take by breath away. ~jen

Frugal Canadian Hermit said...

Interesting pictures Jen. I have never been to to an ocean yet, but someday, I am sure I will.

Jen said...

Thanks Hermit. I too hope that someday you will see the ocean. Those waters have a way with people. ~jen