Sunday, February 21, 2010

Me and Bobby McGee

Went fishin' late last night with a very good friend of mine, Bobby. He is from San Antonio. We met several years ago thru some mutual friends at our local pier out here. We have had some good good times out fishin' and just hanging out talking fishing and what nots.
You see, this circle of friends we were all fishing buddies. We shared a passion, a love for saltwater fishing. We have put many, many miles on our wading boots trekking the shorelines for some tailing redfish, sight casted to speckled trout and even done some flounder gigging. We have been out on kayaking day trips as well as night time kayaking. We have had more than our share of laughs, have shared good times and bad, have gone several months without speaking just because we are going on about our lives and daily trials and yet our friendship has remained solid. He has remained my friend when everyone else walked out. He has always been respectful to me and that to me is a very important quality in a person. I feel very lucky to have met him.
So Bobby, I just want to tell you Thank You for your kindness and friendship throughout the years and look forward to many more. I really do treasure our friendship and I am honored to be your friend. ~Tight lines~
Bobby's 26" topwater trout
BTW..what he may not tell you is that I have whooped his butt a coupla times outfishing him..lololol.

4 comments:

Gianetta said...

Nice fish...and friend. You can't beat that.

Jen said...

MAFW,

Yes'm...trout are fun to catch and I guess good friends as well.
Thanks fer stoppin' by this lil place-o-mine. I hope you're doing well.

denziel56 said...

nice speck.

keep on fishing Jen , it's good for the soul , even better fried up and on the table .

cheers!

.bb

Jen said...

Hello Denziel56,
Thank you for joining my blog. Nothin' like saltwater fishing and yes yer right...it IS good for the soul. Speckled trout is my favorite table fish fer sure. He did earn bragging rights hooking that fish. I look to get out more this spring and summer than I did last year fishin'.
Im glad you find my ramblin's of interest. Stop by again at this lil place-o-mine. I sure enjoyed having a cold one with you.