Monday, February 15, 2010

Three day weekend.

Not much excitement but dang I have enjoyed this three day weekend. I stayed home in the city most of the time. I didnt make it to my country place though.

Last night we had some REALLY HARD WINDS. I worried about my lil place. I may call my neighbor to check on it. The winds brought a cold front wif 'em. Temperatures dropped to the 30's last night. It felt great to be inside nice n cozy. Didnt do much of anything but piddle wif some lil solar stuff, did some research online and read a lil bit.

Today was no different. It was sunny, cold, windy and beautiful. I hung around here mostly. Had a really upset stomach for a while that is just now kinda settling down. Today I also noticed that my cilantro seeds that I planted last year and died are sprouting. Maybe some undetected seeds remained. I am excited to see this as these are the very same plants that my Dear Gramma planted herself about a week or so before she had the big stroke and passed away. The lil plant had dried out and i was disappointed but not as much as I was hurt and here I see it trying to sprout.

Tonight there is a freeze warning so I best go out and bring it inside. Temperatures are going to be in the mid 20's to low 30's.

Also gotta get ready for work again and all the drama that seems to go with it. God help me. Thanks fer stoppin by...until next time see you on the back roads.

2 comments:

Gwen said...

Hi Jen. I saw that you became a follower on my blog the other day, so I looked at your profile, and guess what??? We're twins! Well, except I'm 12 years older than you, but who's counting? I was raised in South Texas, too (Alice). My friends and family think I'm crazy, too (some of them). I want to live in the country again, too. I am fascinated with simplicity and survival, too. And yes, "sometimes when you got the money you aint got the time and when you got the time you aint got the money," this is SO me. Wow! I can't wait to dig into your blog. I plan to go back to the beginning this weekend.

Jen said...

Hi Ginger! Im so glad that I came across your blog.
I get the "you're crazy" thing all the time but I dont care. Ive been called worse..lol. I too have alot of catching up to do with your blog. I have fancied the idea of someday owning at least a 5 acre parcel of land in West Texas. Land there is CHEAP!!
Thank you for your interest in my blog. I look forward to reading all about your project. I regret not starting my blog at the beginning of its construction. Boy has it been a long and drawn out process.
You will be surprised that I know where Alice is. Let me go to your blog now.