Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wednesday woes

Not much to write home about other than to say that I sure am glad the work week is almost over. However, it has been a better week than last week.

It was cold all day today. Stayed in the 40's. Thats cold for us especially when you work outside in the open. Weather report is callin' for 100% chance of rain tomorrow then its suppose to clear up by Friday. Go figure..but thats good ol' South Texas weather for ya.

I been piddlin around with my seeds and tryin to git some "homemade greenhouse" ideas. I dont wanna spend hardly any money on making one but rather use material I already might have. Seems like these days I have alot of ideas goin thru my head that it is hard concentrating on one thought alone.

Today at work I was walking through the park grounds and noticed many Live Oak tree seeedlings. Someday I am going to experiment growin' em. They are deeply rooted even as small as 3 inches tall. When pulling it out of the ground, you must be certain that you pull the entire tap root. I think it will be an interesting project. You can also make a nice lil profit sellin' trees.

Im just ramblin' now. I gotta git to bed. Im so tired. Thanks fer stoppin by this lil place-o-mine. Until next time, see you on the backroads.

3 comments:

Chris W said...

40's? LOL Break out the shorts! Right now it's 14 outide, and with windchill it's around 8. The forecast called for 4-6 more inches of snow last night, but luckily it looks like we didn't even get 2. YAY! There's already around 18" on the ground,and there are 3ft snowdrifts around the chicken coop and garage. Yesterday I had to shovel out the 3-4ft around the mailbox since the truck can't get to it, and we haven't gotten mail since last Friday. Luckily this Pontiac we got last year is AWD or we wouldn't get out of the drive since it's 100 yards and covers in drifts constantly. It's too cold for the loboy to start, and I refuse to pay the going rate around here now of $75+ to have someone plow it.

Terry said...

Welcome to Friday Jen!!! You have almost made it to the weekend. Hope you have a grand one. Terry /Native87

Jen said...

Dawgus,
Are you crazy wif the shorts? I cannot imagine what it feels like to be as cold as 8degrees. How can a body even function?! How do you keep yer chickens warm? What happens to the gardening soil? OK OK i'll stop wif all the questions. I think $75 is a stiff bill to pay for plowing snow but they probly figure people will pay it. I can do alot wif $75. I dont blame you for refusing to pay it. Enjoy the coziness inside. Its a good time to plan stuff fer the year. Btw, it is gonna drop to 36degrees tonight..Brrrrrr. Thanks fer stoppin by this lil place-o-mine n sharing some sweet tea.


Hi Native,
Sure glad you stopped by to share a glass of sweet tea wif me. Yes....Im so glad the weekend is here..you have no idee!!!! I have a three day weekend. So far so good. I dont go back to work until Tuesday. Hows things comin' at yer place?