Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My weekend

C'mon in and sit fer a spell.

I ended up going to check on stuff at the cabin on Sunday. Everything seemed ok except that we had had some strong winds and two of my shingles at the edge had lifted up. I took some black cement and applied and hopefully will bond. I made a mess with the darn cement though. It started leaking out from underneath where the caulking gun pushes the bottom of the tube. And it was a big leak.

I also piddled around with my riding mower. The man at work told me to spray some B-12 stuff they sell at the auto parts store inside the intake where the air filter sits. Well I did that and the mower was still doing the same thing then shutting down. Everytime I sprayed the B12 in it would start but soon would die on me. Then it shot out some fire!! Then I repeated the above step and white smoke jus sat there. The same thing happened to my ol faithful Murry riding mower. I sure loved that mower. The man from work said it is more than likely a carburator issue. I need to git my mower to him to fix it. This is why I need to take a small engine repair class. The junior college offers this course here in my hometown once a week at a lawn mower repair shop.

Also I received a Farmtek and Burgess Seed catalog. I never ordered the catalogs but I love catalogs. The Farmtek has some really cool stuff in it. I know alot of people dont like Burgess Seed and I have read alot of negative reviews about them...but again, I did not order the catalog. I will thumb through it though. Sometimes you get good info or ideas in em.

I did go to Walmart for some household necessities. Of course, I walked in through the garden section. I made out wif some garlic flavored chive seeds, cherry tomato seeds, cayenne pepper seeds and serrano seeds and some wild flower seeds. I still have seeds from last year of what nots. I also got some Verbena flower seeds. I just love Verbenas. I think I will name one of my chickens Verbena when I get em.

I did mess with the soil some. The soil which was very moist from all the rains was very sticky like. My friend Stelly says it is probably clay. She says some vegetables actually grow best in that soil. I already have a place in mind for the "trial garden". When time and weather permits, I need to stake the corners and break ground. I know I know...it seems late to do that but Im taking my time and doing things at my pace whether or not I get a garden in this year or next Im going to take my time with things just because.

Damn the neighbors one dirt road over. I am downwind from them and they can be noisy at times. It never fails....they will sit in their ol' Dodge diesal truck for a longggg time and just be revving and revving it up then turn it off and do it all over again. It is so noisy and loud. It is freakin' annoying!! Then they will take off down the road and be revving it up some more at the stop sign down the road. Their dogs are another story. Dont even git me started on the dogs.

I didnt do anything inside the cabin this weekend. Since I was only there for a coupla hours, I felt limited. It sure was nice to be there though. The weather was just right...like in the upper 60's. I had an hour left of daylight so I decided to head back home.

Oh yeah, a good family friend invited me and Mom to go to Mardi Gras at Galveston Island this coming weekend but Im not sure if we are def. going. It will be a three day weekend for me. She has never been to one and really wants to go but will not go if I dont go. It is a fun event where you can really let yer hair down and let other things up!! The last time I went to the one at Galveston Island I had a GREAT time with some friends and strangers alike!! I will not go into detail about the beads. That's a whole other story! But I can tell you that it is NOT fun gettin' up real early in the morning after such an event, driving into Houston fightin' wif traffic AND having to catch a flight back home wif a hangover from hell. Thats all I got to say about that.

Well thats about it fer now. Thanks fer stoppin' by this lil place-o-mine. Until next time, see you on the backroads.

No comments: