Saturday, January 8, 2011

A day with Mom.

Today is Saturday. I was supposed to go to that lil place-o-mine but instead I got a late start when I got outta bed at 10:30am. I sound like a procrastinator and maybe I am sometimes. Around noon my Mom said she wanted me to take her to run some errands n' stuff if I wasnt gonna be busy. So I took her.

After all that was done she treated me to Subway...i LOVE subway. After that I wanted to go to the Goodwill store since every Saturday they discount 1/2 off of the sticker price. I needed a dark curtain or a dark bedsheet to make into a dark curtain for my lil house. I found a dark blue bedsheet in great shape. I am going to modify that to make into a simple one piece curtain for my only window at my lil place. I paid 1.29 for it. Right now I have a makeshift piece of roofing tar paper as a curtain which is fine but it keeps ripping at the nails where i have nailed it in.

Next door to the Goodwill store is a used furniture store. Mom said she wanted to go and check it out so we went. They had some really neat things in there from older furniture to older dishes, appliances, books, etc. I love older looking Pyrex casserole dishes that were colored like pinkish, bluish, brownish etc with white. Like this. I got these at another resale shop bout 2yrs ago.

My Gramma had stuff like this and Im not sure what happened to them.

I have also been looking for wooden bowls. I found a bigger brown wooden mixing bowl but its the kind that looks like woven pieces of wood. Its the size of a mixing bowl. We got it fer 3.00. I put a regular soup bowl for size comparison.


They had an old baby high chair that was just adorable. I wanted to buy it just because it was so cute. Now, dont go on thinkin' there's a baby on the way or nuthin' I just liked the lil chair alot. They had lamps galore. I didnt see any oil lamps thought but I really like the older lamps that look like they have a fancy bonnet on 'em that the switch to turn on looks like a key.

Me and Mom ended up having a nice day together. Im not a shopping kind of person at all but these were second hand stores and Im just a nostalgic kinda person so stores like these are right up my alley. I ended up spending a total of about 4.50 today. That was for four videos, a bedsheet fer a curtain, and a cute lil purse. Not bad at all.

It is real windy now. They have predicted some heavy showers/thunderstorms late night. I am settled fer the evening anyhow. I may watch one of the four movies I bought at the Goodwill store for 50cents a piece. If the power goes out, I have plenty of reading material and plenty of oil in a lamp and my 12v battery is fully charged so I've got light either way.

Thanks fer stoppin' by. Until next time, see you on the backroads.

2 comments:

tbsomeday said...

sounds like a darned good day!
i LOVE garage sales
it's saving money and being green all mixed together :)

Jen said...

tbsomeday,
It really was a good day. I love garage sales too. Normally on weekends there are signs posted everywhere for garage sales but truthfully i didnt even see one. I have found some good stuff at garage sales too. Gotta love em.