It is jus freakin' cold. Temps are reading at 43F and wind chill at 36F. It is windy as heck which makes it really cold. I just opened the back door and shut it jus as quick as I opened it. I know that to some of you those temps aren't too bad but we live in a tropical climate and at least nine months outta the year it feels like summer. So fer us native South Texan's..we are freezing! Goingtofreezemyassoffiffinitkeepsup.
Ok jus whining, I'll stop now.
Thanks fer stoppin' by. See you in the back roads...layered up.
12 comments:
Geeez ya big wuss and I thought you Texans were a tough breed, in the last week we have had single digit cold four inches of snow and today 43 degrees and rain and six inches of slush. Of course my man coffee helps me get through it all
Geez ya big wussy, I thought you texan's were a hardy breed In the last three days we have had single digit cold 6 more inches of snow and today it was 43 degrees(heat wave) and rain which created 8 inches of slush. Of course having my man coffee helps to put up with it.Jen I think most women are just cold blooded naturally.
Bob
Hiya Flats...I admit Im a big wuss in cold weather. I havta layer up and the only exposed area you can see is my eyes..lol. Dang I dont know how you and the Missus deal wif single digit weather and slush to boot. I still dont know whut snow is. Im willing to bet that man coffee of yers is a tarry black syrupy coffee. The kind that makes ya pucker...lololol. Thanks fer stoppin' by. I enjoy yer visits.
Yeah we South Texans are adapted for 100+temperutures with humidity. I grew up in West Texas and the hottest I've seen it there was 114 deg. When I was in the Persian Gulf I actually felt better than my shipmates (Navy) in the heat becouse I came from high temp enviroments.
I hate cold and now all I do is sleep in front of the fireplace (with fire of course)
Jen, do you have a wood burning stove at your cabin?
though i'm up in the miserable midwest winter
i still feel bad for ya!
you should be immune to such misery!
Hi Captain,
I wouldnt mind at least 78 degree weather right now. I do have a boxwood stove but I dont have it in operating order. It works but not installed since Im not there all the time and the interior is not near finished yet. I like knowing I have it though. Thanks fer stoppin by.
tbsomeday,
You are a hardcore fer the cold. I dont think I could stand 15 minutes in yer cold weather. I would start cracking like glass.. lol. Thanks fer stoppin by.
Hey Jen, im back again.
I checked out what a "Box wood stove" is. Looked it up on amazon.com. Cool. no' I mean hot. Wonderful heat...
I want at least two wood stoves, one in the bedroom of the cabin I will build. Theres a good article on wood stoves and wood stove maintenence on survivalblog.com. check it out. laters, captiancrunch.
Always good to see you Captain. Boxwoods are neat ol' stoves. Check out the Youtube reply in reference to realtors.
I check your youtube channel and did not find anything about realtors?
Im not going to buy any land right away but I am looking, so if you know someone that selling land. Im all ears.
also, are you going to check your property this week to see if your house "floated away". I was in downtown corpus last night and we got "hammered with rain". hang in there, captiancrunch
Hey Captain...sorry bout that. It was in my blog entry with the video link. I dont know of anyone at the very moment selling land but if so I will let you know.
I wont be going out there this weekend. I called my neighbor and said they got almost 3" of rain but that all looked fine. I can't go out there when it has rained alot until I get some driveway put in. The county is coming to dump a load of caliche sometime in the next two weeks or so. Even if they called that they are coming tomorrow I cant let them drive in because they will get stuck. I would have to park on the road since my truck will sink and I'm not gonna park on the road. TTYL
Jen, We got the snow I've been wishin for....8"! It was fun for a lil while, but if we never get any more, I'm OK with it. The wind chill was 7 and I was miserable. DGR
Hi DGR...so nice to see ya. Wow 8" of snow is alot. I'm sure it was a pretty sight. I cannot fathom a wind chill of 7. How in the heck didja do to keep warm? I dunno if I'd be functional at that point. Thanks fer stoppin' by fer some coffee n' cinnamon rolls.
Post a Comment