Sunday, January 30, 2011

Summer in a glass.

My cousin brought us some fresh off the tree lemons. I believe they are Meyers.

They are huge!

...juicy and tender. They are a refreshing happy color like summer and sunshine.



So I went to town on 'em...



...and saved some seed of course. All this made me sick fer summer...

...so I captured summer in a glass.

When life hands you lemons..make lemonade even if it aint summer.
(*Vodka optional)

Thanks fer stoppin' by. See you on the backroads.

8 comments:

Gianetta said...

Nice!

Jen said...

Thanks G. Good to see ya.

Anonymous said...

Hey jen

Nice looking lemonade. I wonder if those seeds can take at your homestead? Im looking forward to summer also. Yesterday, I mowed part of backyard (I own a house) Felt good to be outside again and not freezing to death. Never had vodka and lemonade (I drink beer or Jack and Coke)

Jen said...

Mornin' Captain,
Thanks. I dunno if they would take but I wanna start 'em in pots and see what happens. Its nice to get outside again in the sunshine. Yesterday was a beautiful day. Glad you enjoyed the day. Thanks fer stoppin' by.

stella said...

lol make mine wif vodka please. I sure hope ya can sprout those seeds. I can see it now, "Jennys Lemon Ranch" love ya

Jen said...

One lemonade wif vodka..comin' up fer Stelly lol. I sure hope I can sprout the seeds too. This should be interesting. Hey the name has a ring to it. Thanks fer stoppin by.

Anonymous said...

Your right those lemons are HUGE!! I love fresh lemons...how do they get all the flavor out at the stores??

Jen said...

Hi Ms. Frann..The lemons are great. I have saved some seed. Once this nasty cold weather leaves us I am going to start these seeds n see what gives. Yer right about the lemons at the store. These made great lemonade. Good to see you.