Seems like my life is sorta falling back to a routine. Today I made it out to my country place because I really need to get to working on it again to try and enclose it. I get there and set up shop and realize that I forgot my cordless sawzall. That thing comes in handy. I needed to cut down two corner posts on the cabin. Didn't have any other saw except my miter saw but that wasn't gonna work. So I just went along and did what I could do. I had to remove one of my 4'x8' exterior panels to nail a rafter hanger to the corner post to hold the rafter up and in place. Then I had to do the same for the other. I was a little skittish because the ladder that I was using was not tall enough. I did alot of prayin'! I tweeked two rafters and I couldn't install the last two gable end rafters because of the corner posts. But I did take some measurements to make some supports for my rafters for when the roof sheathing overlaps it will have something to lay on and be supported. I also pondered on the door placement. I have the frame on center of the cabin but I was thinking of moving it to the far right corner of the cabin to save on space when opening the door, then it will have the feel of one big room. If I leave it the way it is right now, the door will be in the way of the window. I know some people save on space by opening the door outwards but I dont like the way that looks. I am going to think on this a lil bit more.
It was real hot out there. Temperatures were in the high 90's. I had to cool down with a cold towel a coupla times. Then it was back to work. I started winding down about 7pm or so. I threw down a sausage link on the pit that I brought with me along with some bread n mustard. It was nice being out there. As I sat on my doorstep, I couldn't help but to think of a future homemade chicken coop and a spot for a garden.
After dinner, I started to clean up my mess and put things in their proper place. I was tired, sweaty, and sore but I felt good knowing that I was a coupla steps closer to getting the place enclosed. Slowly but surely, its coming along.
No comments:
Post a Comment