Saturday, June 13, 2009

Roof decking complete







Good golly has it been a longday. The guy that helped with the roof deck did a really good job finishing it today. We got to my place way earlier than what we did yesterday, set up shop and he got right to work. He wouldn't let me on the roof until it had the decking on it for safety reasons so, I stayed on ground level piddlin' around pickin' up scrap wood n' stuff, firing up the generator when he needed it etc. It was another hot day. I think it reached like 104 degrees today and you could certainly feel it. I didnt want him to overheat so i would tell him to come down outta the sun on a water break. Much progress was being made even in the morning hours. At lunch, we went into town for a quick lunch then got back to work right after that. When we got to the roof felt, it seemed like enough or just enough as I had used some of it before for something else. I told him that i would help him on the roof so that the felt didnt fly all over the place or the roll roll off. He appreciated it so we went right along and as I had thought earlier, it was almost enough for the entire roof but not enough. I need 20 more feet of it. The actual roofing will be done in the next week or so. I am so relieved that this roof deck is finally on and now I can move on to the other stuff such as gable ends, soffits, windows, a door. I actually already have the door I just needa put it in. Everything is taking shape now and is slowly coming together. After I cleaned up a lil bit and puttin' everything back in its place I took some pics. The black "flaps" you see at the edge of the roof is the felt. The first pic is of the side view. The second view is of the inside of the cabin and the third pic is of me looking out my "front door" to the road. I am tired now and in much need of some sleep. I hope you enjoyed my pics and my progress. Until next time, see you on the backroads.

2 comments:

Frugal Canadian Hermit said...

It's looking good Jen. I wish my roof was on. I wish my foundation was on. lol.

Jen said...

Thanks Hermit. It's been a ride let me tell you but you'll get there faster than I did Im sure. You're doing great tho. Our temperatures have been in the 100's during the day so that makes it hard or impossible to work outside. Keep us posted of your progress. ~jen