I am getting behind on my blog postings. I have had familial committments all weekend. On Friday evening, my youngest lil nephew turned 3yrs old and his Dad wanted to take him and his brother to Peter Piper Pizza and wanted us to go. We went and had a great time. They have a play and gaming area for kids and big kids like me. It was fun but I was ready to come home after a while. Then on Saturday I forgot that my cousin was having a graduation luncheon. I had plans for Saturday to go out and work on my roof until Mom reminded me that she had to leave early as she was helping with the luncheon. So that kinda put my plans off. But it turned out to be a nice luncheon put on by her parents. They had this wonderful chicken breast with mushroom gravy and wild rice, green beans, rolls and they also had some wonderful beef enchiladas with rice and beans. Plenty of desserts, fruits, etc. We had a good time. There was a graduation dance to follow but Im not to crazy about goin' out and stayin out late and socializing anymore. Then there's the drive home, yadda yadda yadda. Instead, I went to bed early. Then today Sunday, I went crazy lookin' for a little piece of paper that I had written down some important information on. You know, when you just grab any piece of paper like an envelope, receipt n' all that mess because thats the only thing within reach. I about tore up my dresser and I ended up finding it in the truck center console. It got too late to go to my country place 63 miles away. When I go out there I have to prepare the day before and make sure I have the material needed before I go out there. Our local hardware store closes early on Sundays and I needed some more nails. I opted not to go. This evenin' I had me a nice lil' siesta. After I woke up, I woke up to the sounds of some guys revving up their trucks down the street. It is terribly annoying and I came pretty close to calling the police. I swear I hate the city!!! Its time for dinner. The smells of a fresh pot of pintos and some fresh okra sauteed in diced tomatoes, chilis, onions, garlic and cumin are calling!! Since I havent posted any pics lately I thought I would post a pic of dinner. I just love the color of okra when cooked with them tomato's. And what is it about a fresh pot of pintos that is so comforting?!
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Catchin' up
I am getting behind on my blog postings. I have had familial committments all weekend. On Friday evening, my youngest lil nephew turned 3yrs old and his Dad wanted to take him and his brother to Peter Piper Pizza and wanted us to go. We went and had a great time. They have a play and gaming area for kids and big kids like me. It was fun but I was ready to come home after a while. Then on Saturday I forgot that my cousin was having a graduation luncheon. I had plans for Saturday to go out and work on my roof until Mom reminded me that she had to leave early as she was helping with the luncheon. So that kinda put my plans off. But it turned out to be a nice luncheon put on by her parents. They had this wonderful chicken breast with mushroom gravy and wild rice, green beans, rolls and they also had some wonderful beef enchiladas with rice and beans. Plenty of desserts, fruits, etc. We had a good time. There was a graduation dance to follow but Im not to crazy about goin' out and stayin out late and socializing anymore. Then there's the drive home, yadda yadda yadda. Instead, I went to bed early. Then today Sunday, I went crazy lookin' for a little piece of paper that I had written down some important information on. You know, when you just grab any piece of paper like an envelope, receipt n' all that mess because thats the only thing within reach. I about tore up my dresser and I ended up finding it in the truck center console. It got too late to go to my country place 63 miles away. When I go out there I have to prepare the day before and make sure I have the material needed before I go out there. Our local hardware store closes early on Sundays and I needed some more nails. I opted not to go. This evenin' I had me a nice lil' siesta. After I woke up, I woke up to the sounds of some guys revving up their trucks down the street. It is terribly annoying and I came pretty close to calling the police. I swear I hate the city!!! Its time for dinner. The smells of a fresh pot of pintos and some fresh okra sauteed in diced tomatoes, chilis, onions, garlic and cumin are calling!! Since I havent posted any pics lately I thought I would post a pic of dinner. I just love the color of okra when cooked with them tomato's. And what is it about a fresh pot of pintos that is so comforting?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey Ms Jen, glad to hear ya like pintos. We have those often here and I love em. 'S a southern thang! But ya gotta have fried taters and onion and pickled beets. Not to mention come good cornbread all crisp around the edges from the iron skillet. Dang, make ya take back stuff ya didnt steal.
Hugs
stella
Hey Stella,
YUM...cornbread wif pintos!!!! I like 'em cooked plain but ever now and then I like to give 'em a lil kick. Will have ta tell you how I do that. My Gramma had a way of making this delicious cornbread wif leftover chunks of chicken inside n' other stuff. *wipin' drool* Needa make cornbread soon. Dangit, ya always have ta git me started on another cravin'!
That look pretty tasty Jen. That reminds me, I'm out of pintos. Better get that one on the list.
Hermit,
It tastes great and very easy to make. Get you a good plentiful supply of pintos. They are easy to make and very good for ya. ~jen
Post a Comment