Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Easy Tuesday

Me and my lil nephew spent the day together today. We pretty much stayed in since temperatures were HIGH. Our high today was 98degrees with a heat index of 104. We cooked lunch and ate, played games and just had a good time. I forget how children must always be supervised since I have none of my own so that cancelled the nap I so much wanted. lol. Later, on his way home, he told me and my Mom that he wanted to go talk to Gramma at the cemetary so we went. He stands by her graveside and holds a normal conversation with her telling her of all he did today, what he ate, etc. So we let him have his time with her. His other Gramma is buried there as well. He never met her but he still talks to her as well. Its cute but heartfelt to see this. When we got to his house, his lil brother was so happy to see him, they hugged and went about their business. The drive home was very nice. Evenings, among mornings, are also my favorite time of the day. Today God painted a nice western orange sky that seemed brightly highlighted. I told Mom, "Look at what a nice picture God painted today." We marveled at it for a while. I wish I had my camera in times like these. After we got home, I messed around with some oil lamps. One was Grammas and one was Mom's. I had a heck of a time with Mom's. It kept shooting out a tall, unruly flame. I even trimmed it to no avail. When I lit Gramma's, it did exactly what it should do. The glow of the flame sure was pretty. We enjoyed it for a while before extinguishing it. In all it was a good day. Until next time, see ya on the backroads.

No comments: