Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Quiet day



Not much happening today. Stayed home all day here in the city and did things around here that needed tending to. It sure was a pretty day though. Didnt know what to make for dinner so I just kinda threw something together. Took some ground beef with spices i ground up in my molcajete'. Made some gravy, simmered and Walla....dinner was served!! Pretty tasty I might add. This is an ol' standby meal that I grew up on as well. Serve wif pintos,salsa and a tortilla or cornbread woulda been great but i just had it plain.

I swear I hate the city. There was a lil mishap last night after I got home from my country place. Some lil punk ass kids no older than like 12yrs old were up to no good around midnight or so. I confronted them from a distance and at the same time a neighbor that lives upstairs was gettin' home. He chased after two of 'em but he thinks they crossed the fence. We talked for a lil bit then went our own ways. Next time if i see somethin like them kids again i aint sayin nothin and just callin the cops.

2 comments:

Chris W said...

Now THAT looks damn yummy! lol I don't eat much like that around here since the wife hates any kind of beans other than green beans.

Jen said...

Thanks Chris. It was very good actually and very simple to make. I cannot imagine life without pinto beans but I have known people that dont like 'em either. I myself dont care AT ALL for black-eyed peas while other people love that stuff.