Thursday, June 4, 2009

Country roads take me home..


Today I slept in a little longer that what I wanted to. I went to Lowe's to pick up a coupla rafter ties that I needed. I walked around for a bit to price some things then I was outta there. Home improvement stores are a big weakness for me. I hate shopping but home improvement stores are better than any mall or outlet hands down!! I can spend hours in there. I also hit a coupla pawn shops to look for a ladder that is 8ft or better. They were all ridiculously priced. I could have bought a brand new one for the prices they were selling them at. I left disappointed. Came home and gathered some things together for tomorrow. It got kinda late on me so I opted not to go to my country place since it is an hour or 63 miles away. We had an AWESOME supper. My mother made some killer fresh okra, threw in some Rotel, a little canola oil and fried it up. OMG I swear it is the best thing she's ever made. Had a side of refried beans wif it. I wrapped mine up like a burrito. It was great!
I didnt go fishin' last night like I would have liked to but maybe later this evening I may change my mind and go. All I can think about is to finish putting up the roof sheathing but it makes it kinda hard not having a longer ladder.
Living in the city sucks. There is noise here all the time especially out in the parking area. I cant wait to get outta here. Country roads take me home........

1 comment:

Frugal Canadian Hermit said...

I agree, the city life does suck, sounds like you'll be out in the country in no time. I like to spend time in home improvement stores too. It's just good to see whats out there for building ideas, I guess.