I headed out to my country place today a little before 4pm. I had a bundle and a half of shingles in the bed of my truck for a week n' a half or so that I was getting tired of looking at and not to mention that they will start to stick together in the heat. So there I went. This time I went alone. All was as I last left it. It was still terribly hot and I dont know if my truck thermometer was registering right but it read 113 degrees. It does though, get mighty hotter over there than it does in the city. I waited for a lil bit before I started carrying the shingles about 8 at a time draped over my shoulder while I climbed the ladder. I first put all the shingles up there from the half bundle, nailed 'em in place then it was on to the full bundle. I installed all the shingles I had today. I made good progress. I sat on the roof for a good while just admiring nature...the sounds, the sunset, the wind and thanked God for all that He has given me privilege to. I guess I had a moment.
After a while I made my way back down and didn't have much else to do with what little daylight I had left until I remembered that I had my chainsaw in the toolbox and I luvs me my chainsaw! I cranked it up and cut down some little nuisance trees that have no benefit. The lil branches wif pricklies always snatch up on yer skin or clothes. The are called Huisaches pronounced "who-ee-sah-cheez". I think there are 3 syllables in the word huisache with the primary syllable being the "sa" part and the other two syllables are secondary and third. You will even hear some people call them "wee-sah" which i think is weird when i hear that. Anyway after cuttin' them down and puttin' 'em in the burn pile I took a lil walk down the end of my 2nd acre on the roadside. I like doing that. It kinda lets me see things from that perspective. I wanted to walk from one end of the second acre to the other end of it but I opted not to since the grass is past my knees, chiggers and possible snakes so I walked back to my lil cabin. I forgot I had my camera and took pics of what-nots. They are of my resident rabbit TeeTee who's been there since Day 1, my work gloves..Do ya think is time fer new ones?!, and a view from my 2nd acre to the cabin. They might be lame pics to some of you but this is a small piece of my little world as I see it.
2 comments:
Kinda wish I was wearing my gloves out like that, then I would at least know I was doing something right. 113 degrees sounds pretty toasty, I don't think I ever had the privledge of testing out that kinda heat yet.
Hey there. Seems like i wear out holes in the finger part of my gloves mostly. Even the ones I wear at my normal industrial line of work.
You aint missin' nothing as far as this heat goes Hermit. Most chores or projects to be done have to get done before 9am or after 6:30pm. This heat will kill ya hun.
Post a Comment