Well after having my fit yesterday I guess you could say that I feel better today. Today marks a day in history...my history...the roof decking got underway and I secretly got emotional when I saw the "shade" in the cabin from the roof decking. I had to get some help with the roof. I am paying someone to help me at a very reasonable price. He turned out to be a really nice guy and knows what he's doing. We got off to a late start but there was some tweeking to do with four of the rafters so that in itself took time and other lil things. We had to replace one rafter because it bowed so bad and will probably replace another tomorrow. Had to take frequent breaks in the shade because the sun was so hot. Got to 102 degrees today. I got coon eyes now. Tomorrow we will be at it again. The decking and roof felt should be completed by tomorrow...God willing. Until next time, see you in the backroads.
Friday, June 12, 2009
Making progress...
Well after having my fit yesterday I guess you could say that I feel better today. Today marks a day in history...my history...the roof decking got underway and I secretly got emotional when I saw the "shade" in the cabin from the roof decking. I had to get some help with the roof. I am paying someone to help me at a very reasonable price. He turned out to be a really nice guy and knows what he's doing. We got off to a late start but there was some tweeking to do with four of the rafters so that in itself took time and other lil things. We had to replace one rafter because it bowed so bad and will probably replace another tomorrow. Had to take frequent breaks in the shade because the sun was so hot. Got to 102 degrees today. I got coon eyes now. Tomorrow we will be at it again. The decking and roof felt should be completed by tomorrow...God willing. Until next time, see you in the backroads.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Jen ya makin progress girlfriend. Am thinkin you could be in that house by this fall. Keep up the good work. And dont git kilt out there by ya self.
Hugs
stella
It's looking good from here Jen. Keep up the good work. Don't let no piece of OSB get you down.
Thanks Stella. I try to be careful out there. The heat is the worst of all right now. Fall out here is still warm but not like it is now. I cant wait until it cools off. ~jen
Thank you Frugal Canadian Hermit. It has certainly been a long haul since I first started building back in Oct.2008. But I have gotten some help for the roof and so far so good. ~jen
Post a Comment