Thursday, June 18, 2009

The chicken and the roof

Today I fell in love. It was love at first sight... wif a Buff Brahma Bantam. She was the sweetest, friendliest chicken I've ever met. I wanted to bring her home with me so bad but I didnt. I dont have housing fer chickens right now and it would not be fair to her. After pouting forever about this situation I had to gather my thoughts. Since the wind here has be sooooo bad I really wanted to check on my country place. The roofing felt is still exposed and I was afraid of what I'd find when I got there. Thought the felt would be flown away but luckily it wasnt. I still needed to put another 16ft of felt paper down. So I set up shop, measured and cut the roof felt and up the ladder I went. I did pretty good alone considering it felt like gale force winds. After I got the felt laid, I put on the drip edge in the front of the cabin/shack. Since I didnt get there until 5:30pm or so, it was getting dark on me. After putting my mess away, ladders, tools etc I enjoyed the last 20min or so of daylight. There it was after 9pm and the temperature was still reading 94degrees!! In that short time, I was productive and that makes two less things I gotta do when I go back. Thas about it fer now. Until next time, see ya on the backroads.

No comments: